African Finance and Economic Association (AFEA)
CALL FOR PAPERS
at the Sheraton, Boston, Massachusetts
For many years AFEA has organized a lively set of panels on African economic issues. AFEA will plan at least 3 sessions for the Eastern Economic Association 2024 in-person conference. Papers selected to panels are not required to pay a submission fees. While there are no paper submission fees for papers in completely organized sessions, each participant is expected to pay the appropriate conference registration fee even if he/she is a presenter, discussant, or chair.
AFEA invite papers that address the following topics:
- Structural transformation and Inclusive Growth,
- Youth Unemployment and Labor Markets
- Agricultural Transformation and Rural Development
- Infrastructure, Energy, and Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Technology (ICT, Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics,…)
- Health and Education
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND DATES
For any proposal or full paper to be considered, the first page MUST provide the following:
- A title of the proposal/paper.
- A concise abstract of no more than 250 words summarizing the paper’s objective, methodology (if empirical paper; data and sampling period), key preliminary results, and contribution to literature.
- Primary & two secondary JEL classification codes that best describe the paper.
- Contact information (especially emails) and affiliations of ALL contributing authors.
- The submission form is available here: Submit your proposal using this link.
Formatting should be Times New Roman in font size 12 and 1.5 spacing. The file must also be in MS Word. The last date for proposal/paper submission is October 22, 2023. AFEA encourages you to submit your abstract or paper as soon as possible. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by January 10, 2024, while the deadline for submitting the full paper is February 10, 2024.
For additional information please contact Prof. Mina Baliamoune-Lutz at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposal acceptance does not guarantee presentation at the conference
- Only authors who submit full papers by February 10, 2024, will be scheduled for presentation.
- Membership in AFEA is a pre-condition for paper submission and participation in all AFEA and AFEA/NEA sessions. Authors of accepted proposals MUST pay AFEA membership fee online – AFEA Membership – AFRICAN FINANCE AND ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION (afea1.org) by Feb 15, 2024.
- Membership or payment statuses could be confirmed by the Secretary/Treasurer, Professor Christian Nsiah at (email@example.com).