Join AFEA and make a difference
Whether you are a student, an established mid-career economist, or an emerging scholar in your field, our member resources can be an important part of your success. AFEA members gain access to the latest research published in Journal of African Development (JAD), publish and present their work in American Economic Association (AEA) and other regional conferences around the world, including Africa, find job openings, develop research expertise through mentorship program, and collaborate extensively with peers and scholars.
AFEA Membership Benefits
- Journals: Online access to JAD at no additional cost
- Conferences: Submit papers to be considered for presentation at the AEA and other regional conferences in the United States and around the world, including an AFEA organized conference in Africa. Volunteer to Chair a session in any of the conferences.
- Publish in JAD: Papers presented in AFEA sessions are also considered for publication in JAD special issues and regular issues.
- Mentorship program: AFEA offers a robust mentorship program in research for tenure-track and graduate students. This is a one-on-one mentorship where you are linked with a faculty who has a robust and established track record in research.
- Serve AFEA: Members can volunteer to serve AFEA in various capacities including; running for executive offices, serving on board of directors, and serving one of the many AFEA committees.
- News and Announcements: Receive “first-alert” online announcements of upcoming events, Call for Papers, new member benefits, and publication alerts.
- Election of Officers: Vote in the annual election of offices and attend the Annual Business Meeting.
- AFEA YouTube Channel: Listen to a discussion on pressing issues on Africa via the AFEA YouTube Channel. Contribute to AFEA YouTube Channel
- Job Alerts: Be the first to know about job advertisements in academia, international organizations and other sectors
- Celebrating AFEA members: AFEA celebrates member achievements in book publication and other forms of print media. AFEA also highlights members in the news and all forms of awards and recognition received.
Annual dues are very affordable for students and professionals.
Membership Renewal Options
- Sustainer Member Level A – $300
- Sustainer Member Level B – $200
- Sustainer Member Level C – $103
- Member – High Income Country – $68
- Member – Low Income Country – $38
- Student Member – High Income Country – $28
- Student Member Low Income Country – $20
Membership includes electronic access to JAD publications, including access to JSTOR archive issues.
Join AFEA Now
Sign-up online to activate your membership.
Easily renew your existing membership online.
Manage Your AFEA Membership
Easily update your contact information, preferences, member directory profile, and more.
Join AFEA as Institution
This is only for institutions in Africa and does not substitute for individual membership from those institutions